Beyond the CertificationTM
Revealing the secrets for real-world project manager success that you did not learn in project management school.
Although you studied very hard to learn the process inputs, outputs, and formulas before you passed the grueling four hour exam, research shows that successful project managers in the real-world demonstrate behaviors that you have probably never heard about. You don't know what you don't know as a professional project manager, and what you don't know is hurting your career.
What is the value to you, if you were to supplement your theoretical knowledge with the secrets that real-world project managers know and employ for higher levels of project success? How much would your career benefit from adding successful projects to resume?
In this session you will learn:
- What the gap is between project management certification and real-world project success
- Pragmatic skills to get more done in your limited time, including strategies to manage email more efficiently
- Networking skills for project managers, inside and outside your current organization
- How to market yourself and projects
- How to select and engage a professional mentor for organizational
- Techniques for building your self esteem to get through the tough times
This presentation is the result of over twenty five indepth, live interviews with seasoned, successful project managers and program managers as well as secondary research from multiple sources. If you are serious about taking your professional project management skills to the next level, then this presentation will help you to go Beyond the CertificationTM.